Skip to main content


Government Resources & Services

Government Resources & Services

Reimbursement for Transportation with MTM

  • You can get reimbursed for the miles you travel to and from doctor appointments and therapies.  If the trip is longer there is a possibility for a portion of your meals and lodging to be covered as well.

The National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Access Pass

  • This is a pass that you can get if your child has a special needs diagnosis.  The pass gives free entry (for life) into any national park (and we have heard some state parks) to a person with special needs and everyone in the car. You can also get half price camping inside the parks.

Medical Supplies

  • You can get diapers, gloves, bed pads, and other things for your child once they turn 4 years old if it is necessary for their care.
    • You can get supplies through Byrum Healthcare or Norco.

Durable Medical Equipment

Q Link Wireless (One Provider of the Obama Phone Program)

  • Q Link Wireless is a provider of Lifeline, a free government benefit program that offers affordable phone service to eligible Americans.  Q Link gives qualifying customers their first smartphone at absolutely no cost, plus free monthly calling & data.  You qualify through programs like SNAP and Medicaid, based on your household income.
  • Obama Phone Program Website:

Health Insurance Premium Payment Program

  • What is the Health Insurance Premium Payment Program?
    • The Health Insurance Premium Payment Program (HIPP) is a Medicaid program that pays for the private health insurance premiums for certain individuals with high medical costs. This program was implemented as a cost-saving plan, based on the idea that paying the private insurance monthly premiums for an individual who is seriously ill would cost the state much less than paying for the cost of an individual’s complete medical care through the state’s Medicaid program.
    • HIPP programs are not offered in every state and eligibility requirements vary. Generally, to participate in a state’s HIPP program, an individual must qualify for Medicaid and have an existing medical condition that has been determined to be a cost-effective condition for the HIPP program. HIPP program enrollees are entitled to full State Medicaid benefits, including those not covered under the private health insurance plan.
    • For more information, contact the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare:
      • (855) 944-3240
  • Dash for DS
    Dash for DS
  • EIDS Hand
    EIDS Hand