Did you know that the Dash for Down Syndrome is the largest fund raiser that EIDS does? Did you know that the funds go directly to help your loved ones with Down syndrome and their families? Did you know that you can help us make the 2020 Dash for Down Syndrome the BEST YEAR YET??
Every year countless people, hours, and love goes into making sure the Dash for Down Syndrome is an event that brings people together. After we had our baby, Lucas, in 2018 it was one of the first events that we were able to attend. And I can tell you that in that moment I couldn't have been more proud to have a baby with Down Syndrome. I was able to see families and friends brought together to celebrate. My life going forward seemed a little less scary as I watched children and adults with Down Syndrome celebrate life!
This year with COVID-19, we know that it's going to be harder than ever to make sure the Dash for Down Syndrome is what we know and love. But we are going to fight! And we need YOU! Here are a few ideas to help grow you team and share the Dash with Down Syndrome with friends and loved ones:
- Invite! Reach out on Facebook messenger, call your neighbor, shout it from the rooftops... just Invite!
- Create an "Event Page" on Facebook. This is one of the easiest ways to make sure all your friends and family know about the event. Just hit "Create Event" and go. Make it team specific and people will know they are helping your team.
- Phone call or text
There are so many ways to reach out! If this event has touched your heart then please help us get the word out! We know this event has become what it is because of YOU! And because of that we want to reward your efforts. We will be having a little competition for the following:
- Most money raised by a Team
- Most people on a Team both at the race and virtually
- Most people physically at the race on a Team
So don't forget the mark your calendars for August 22, 2020. Families and friends can register here:
- In-person Teammate: https://dashfordownsyndrome.itsyourrace.com/event.aspx?id=4752
- Virtual Teammate: https://www.easternidahodownsyndrome.org/race-info/virtual-teammate.html
Near or far your family and friends can join us! We can't wait to see you all on August 22nd to celebrate all of our amazing family and friends!